Definition: ‘Return’ is defined as the action of giving back the item purchased by the Buyer to the Seller on the Indian Jugaad Platform. Following situations may arise:
- Item was defective
- Item was damaged during the Shipping
- Products was / were missing
- Wrong item was sent by the Seller.
Return could also result in refund of money in most of the cases.
Points to be noted:
- Seller can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
- If Seller disagrees a return request, Buyer can file a dispute under the Buyer Protection Program*.
- In case if the buyer received any defective item/damaged item/Missing item or wrong item then the buyer has to provide the respective product photo/video as a proof of any of the mentioned incidents at the time of return/refund/replace request or else the request shall not be accepted.
We encourage the Buyer to review the listing before making the purchase decision. In case Buyer orders a wrong item, Buyer shall not be entitled to any return/refund.
Buyer needs to raise the return request within the return period applicable to the respective product. Once Buyer has raised a return request by contacting Us on Our Toll-Free Number, Seller while closing the return ticket can select one of the following:
- Replace after shipment collection – Seller has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before replacing it)
- Refund after shipment collection – Seller has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before refunding)
- Refund without shipment collection – Seller has agreed to refund the buyer without expecting the original shipment back)
- Replace without shipment collection – Seller has agreed to replace the order without expecting the original shipment back)
- On certain select days as specified by Indian Jugaad (such as ‘The Big Billion Day’) separate policies may be applicable.
In the event the Seller accepts the return request raised by the Buyer, Buyer will have to return the product and then the refund shall be credited to the Buyers account.
In case the Seller doesn’t close the ticket in 3 days from the date of intimation to the Seller about the refund request, the refund request shall be settled in favor of the Buyer.
Further for returns being made by Buyer to the Seller of the product, the following parameters needs to be ensured by the Buyer:
|Electronics||Should be included|
|Clothing and Footwear||Should be “New & Unworn” (other than for trial)|
|Beauty, Health & Personal Care||Should be “New & Unopened”|
|Sports & Equipment||Should be “New” and returned with original packaging|
|Office Products||Should be “New” and returned with original packaging|
|Jewellery||Should be “New” and returned with original packaging|
If the product being returned is not in accordance with the above parameters, then Buyer shall not be entitled to any refund of money from the Seller.
Shipping cost for returning the product shall be borne and incurred by the Seller.
Definition: Replacement is the action or process of replacing something in place of another. A Buyer can request for replacement whenever he is not happy with the item, reason being Damaged in shipping, Defective item, Item(s) missing, wrong item shipped and the like.
Points to be noted:
- Seller can always accept the return irrespective of the policy.
- If Seller disagrees for a return request, Buyer can file a dispute under Buyer Protection Program*.
Buyer needs to raise the replacement request within the return period applicable to the respective product. Once Buyer has raised a replacement request by contacting Us on the Toll-Free Number provided on the Platform. Once the replacement request has been raised, the following steps shall be followed:
- Buyer is asked for “Reason for Return”. Among others, the following are the leading reasons:
- Shipping was damaged
- Item was defective
- Item Dead on Arrival
- Item(s) were missing
- Wrong item sent
- An intimation shall be provided to Seller seeking either “approval” or “rejection” of the replacement request.
- In case the Seller accepts the replacement request, Buyer shall be required to return the product to the Seller and only after return of the product, Seller shall be obliged to provide the replacement product to the Buyer.
- In case Seller rejects the replacement request, Buyer can choose to raise a dispute by writing to https://www.indianjugaad.in/helpcentre.
In case the Seller doesn’t have the product at all, Seller can provide the refund to the Buyer and Buyer shall be obligated to accept the refund in lieu of replacement. All the product parameters shall be required to be complied with in cases of replacement.
If the Seller doesn’t respond to the Buyer’s replacement request, within three (3) days from the date of replacement request placed by the Buyer, refund shall be processed in favour of Buyer and Seller shall be liable to refund amount paid to the Seller.
All shipping and other replacement charges shall be borne and incurred by the Seller.
Disputes (Resolutions) Policy
Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on Indian Jugaad. However, there may be some cases where both the Buyers and Sellers may face issues. At Indian Jugaad, we have a Dispute Resolution process in order to resolve disputes between Buyers and Sellers.
What is a ‘dispute’?
A ‘Dispute’ can be defined as a disagreement between a Buyer and a Seller in connection with a transaction on the Platform.
How does a ‘dispute’ occur in the Marketplace?
Disputes are filed as a result of a disagreement between the Buyer and the Seller. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue.
It is important that before a Buyer/Seller raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a Buyer raises a dispute, the Seller’s payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved.
How is a ‘dispute’ created?
Whenever there is a disagreement, the Buyer can write to https://www.indianjugaad.in/helpcentre , while the Seller can write to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to raise a dispute. Disputes can be raised at a particular transaction level.
What are the various types of ‘disputes’?
Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
- Wrong item received
- Item Not as described
- Damaged or Seal broken on Product
- Part/Accessory missing
- Item not Compatible
- Seller Description/Specification Wrong
- Defective (Functional issues)
- Product not working and Manufacturer claims invalid Invoice
In case the Seller rejects the return request of the Buyer, and Buyer raises a dispute, then Indian Jugaad will try to mediate and resolve the dispute between both the parties. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the Buyer, a refund is provided once the product is returned to the Seller. If the dispute is settled in favour of the Seller, Buyer is entitled to any refund.
Buyer Protection Program
In case of a dispute where the Seller is unable to provide a refund or a replacement, Indian Jugaad will actively work towards reaching a resolution.
The Buyer Protection Program covers Buyers who are unable to successfully resolve their dispute with the Seller or are not satisfied the resolution provided by the Seller.
The Buyer can write to https://www.indianjugaad.in/helpcentre ,if the issue with the Seller is not resolved. Indian Jugaad’s Customer Support team will look into the case to check for possible fraud and if the Buyer has been blacklisted/blocked from making purchases on the Platform. Only after verifying these facts, a dispute can be registered.
CS team will not facilitate a conference call, CS team acts as the bridge between customer and seller.
When a dispute has been raised, Indian Jugaad may provide both the parties access to each others Display Names, contact details including email addresses and other details pertaining to the dispute. Buyers and Sellers are subject to final consent from Indian Jugaad for settling the dispute.
Buyer Eligibility and Restrictions
Only the Buyers who have purchased the product on Indian Jugaad are eligible for the Buyer Protection Program.
Buyers can file a dispute within 45 days from the date of delivery of the product
Any damage or loss to the product after delivery will not be covered under this program and will completely be the Buyer’s responsibility. Buyers should refuse to accept delivery if the item is damaged.
To be able to take advantage of the Buyer Protection Program, Buyers should first contact the Seller and attempt to resolve the issue. If the Buyer doesn’t hear from the Seller or is unable to resolve the issue with the Seller even after contact, a dispute can be raised with Indian Jugaad by writing an email to https://www.indianjugaad.in/helpcentre
Fraudulent charges and claims are not covered under Buyer Protection Program
If the Buyer has already initiated chargeback through the credit card issuing bank, it will not be covered under Buyer Protection Program, though in such cases a Seller can file a claim through the Seller Protection Program.
Blacklisted and Blocked Buyers are not covered by the Buyer Protection Program.
Buyers who have reached their maximum lifetime limit for claims are also not eligible. Buyers can make a maximum of 5 claims per year on Indian Jugaad. If the claim was withdrawn, it is not counted. The coverage amount will be limited to â‚¹50,000
Through the Buyer Protection program, Indian Jugaad does not provide any guarantee/warranty to Buyers for products sold on Indian Jugaad against technical/manufacturing defects.
Raising disputes against Sellers does not automatically entitle the Buyer to a refund or replacement for the product purchased. Indian Jugaad shall verify the disputes so raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine.
Indian Jugaad shall at no point be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any Buyer/Seller.
Claims of the nature of ‘Buyer remorse’ (i.e. instances where products are bought by the Buyer by mistake or where the Buyer chooses to change his/her mind with regard to the product purchased by him) will not be entertained through this program.
Indian Jugaad reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Indian Jugaad may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program.
Decisions made by Indian Jugaad under the Buyer Protection Program shall be final and binding on its Users.
Indian Jugaad reserves the right to modify / discontinue Buyer Protection Program without any prior notice period to its Users.
Through this program, Indian Jugaad shall not entertain claims of Buyers who have incurred loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the Seller.
Indian Jugaad Customer Support Team may seek additional information / clarification from Buyer to facilitate resolution of the dispute. In the event Buyer does not respond with information / clarification sought within 10 days of such request, the dispute shall be auto-closed in favour of the Seller.
Disputes via Chargeback
Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
- Item not received CB – Buyer hasn’t received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies
- Unauthorized CB – Buyer hasn’t made this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies.
Seller expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of the Seller. Furthermore, Seller shall ensure that invoices state “Powered by Indian Jugaad” and failing to do so Seller will be liable for chargebacks (as applicable).
- Item not as described – meaning item is not what Buyer expected. Dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.